James Young posted an idea that makes familiars kind of fun:
- A magic user can get a familiar for free if they want.
- You can make it run around and stuff and I guess it can tell you things that it sees.
- It can hold an extra spell for you and cast it like normal.
- It can’t die but you can interrupt its spell casting.
- When you die, it erupts as a Summon spell with HD equal to your level.
James Young, July 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Glad you like it!
The other good part is that people really do have to protect their wizard friends, and the magic users themselves get to have a moment of “well you shouldn’t have let me die! Now look what’s happened!”