There’s a good post on Dungeons and Digressions about superstitious dungeoneers, which I’m linking to here so that I’ll remember to use it later. These are my favorites:
- 8. A torch that touches the ground means someone will be injured or killed soon.
- 9. A bell heard underground is, well, not good.
- 10. At least one coin should always be left behind when treasure is recovered.
- 11. If you see a bat you should change your weapon.
- 22. If someone’s head gets chopped off near you, you should kick it far away lest you suffer the same fate.
- 25. Knock three times on a shield after discussing someone’s death.
(I’m also a fan of the index card posts.)
ze bulette August 25, 2010 at 7:59 PM
Thanks for the shout out - it’s always nice to know someone has found something useful or of interest. :)
Paul August 25, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Thanks for the inspiration. I’m putting together a weeknight OD&D game, with the intent of running adventures we can finish in 2-3 hours. The index card format should fit the bill pretty well.